Nasty Nuns interview
We sat down with the guys from Nasty Nuns to ask them some questions, just so we know what we can expect when they hit our stage. Here's what they had to say:
1. Thanks for taking some time to answer these questions. What are you guys up to right now?
Hey, thnxxx for the interest. We have many things to do at the moment. Writing new songs continuously, looking out for shows, planning a tour and the most important thing at the moment is to finish our first EP 'Too Much Is Never Enough'.
2. After so many years of playing, how does it feel making new songs? Is it just going through the same steps or do you work without an actual plan?
It feels fuckin' good! In the past there was a long time without the possibility of working together since the appropriate band members had to be found. Mr. Evil and Nikki Nine were the only songwriters most of the time, now the whole band works together. Most of the songs arise out of single guitar riffs and become constructed step by step. Unlike in the past we take care on juicy details.
3. You've been playing for a while now, do you feel that you're being treated like you deserve or do you have a desire to always get more?
Definitely we want more… much more!! Our career has just started! If we were treated like we deserve it is not easily answered. Generally there are some things in the sleaze/glam scene gettin' us fuckin' mad. For example, if you wanna play gigs everybody thinks you play for free. We don't want to make the big bucks with our music, but we have to cover the expenses, like money for the fuel. That's a big problem, cause almost nobody wants to pay you a fee, doesn't matter how far the distance to the venue is. In the end of the story, the band has to pay the fuckin' bill and that's not fair at all.
4. How are the fans treating you back home? Are people getting the vibe you're putting out?
To be honest, we never played in our hometown with the actual line up, cause there are no venues for music like we do. But in general there are always lots of people at our concerts and often you can see known faces. So we guess a 'few' people like what we do. At least the girls treat us always well, especially the girls, hahaha...
5. In the time you've been playing, there's not been many releases. How did it feel to start recording your stuff and as a consequence, spreading out to more than just your own country?
We're damn proud to have finally a great sounding record and now we're ready to conquer the world with German sleaze metal!
6. How receptive are the German people to the New Wave of German Sleaze? Are they getting the picture or is it just starting?
We're the first German band who uses the term 'New Wave Of German Sleaze'. But the problem is most of the people don't know 'sleaze metal' as a genre - NOT YET. They like us cause they like the music and the style. We think that's the most important thing at the moment. Anyway there's a small glam/sleaze scene in Germany and it grows constantly.
7. I know how hard it is building up a band out of all the right people, and shit happens all the time, but it seems that you're really comfortable with the current line-up. Given the barfight problems you had in the past, how are the band members getting along now?
In fact there's fuckin' harmony within the band most of the time, but if five dudes like us are always together, working and writing songs – we talk about almost every day - you can't avoid conflicts now and then. It's good to argue from time to time cause the musical output is much better in the end. Like Dave Mustaine said: Peace sells but who's buying?!
8. Last but not least: any messages to the people who are waiting to catch you live?
To every girl and every dude who likes Rock ‘N Roll: Come to one of our shows! You're fuckin' welcome and be sure that we’ll rock the shit out of you party the night away and finally lay ya down (of course ONLY the girls, hahaha)!!
Thnxxx for the cool interview!
And always remember: Too Much Is Never Enough!!!!
Last Updated (Thursday, 19 August 2010 21:18)
zondag 19 mei:
from WHITE LION
@ Gasoline, vijfseweg 230, Waregem